Friday, August 21, 2009

Shouts out to this video, but only because it was shot in my city.

Friday, August 21, 2009
I'm not a Mario fan, but I don't mind the guy. Sometimes he makes catchy music, sometimes he doesn't. Either way, I wish him well.

This is the video for his new single "Break Up". It's not an Earth shattering masterpiece but it was filmed here in Baltimore so I decided give it some shine. Plus, it has a little catchy beat to it and doesn't sound awful.


A couple of observations:
  • The "fly in" skyline shot used in the intro is stock footage. It's also mad old. That warehouse in the left foreground under the word "future" at 0:06, for example, hasn't been there in years. The Ritz-Carlton occupies that spot now. Not a big deal, but kinda annoying for me as a resident.

  • The bald look isn't working for Mario. He makes him remind me of the Coneheads.

  • The apartment they filmed this video in is sick. CORRECTION: That 5,000-square-foot, three-bedroom, two-story, all-glass panoramic apartment they filmed this video in is sick. It's one of the penthouse units at this building in South Baltimore called Silo Point. That's a $4.5 million dollar apartment. Get into it.

  • Gucci Mane makes me want to vomit. His face seriously makes me queasy.

  • Mario is a decent talent who for whatever reason can't seem to make it to the next level.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's no fun if you don't say anything.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin