Friday, June 20, 2008

Stupid Bitch Sues Victoria's Secret After "Thong Injury"

Friday, June 20, 2008


Woman sues Victoria's Secret claiming thong injury

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A woman who says she was hurt by her thong panties when a metal clip flew off and hit her in the eye has sued Victoria's Secret, saying in a TV interview on Thursday that the injury caused her "excruciating pain."

Macrida Patterson, a 52-year-old Los Angeles traffic officer, told NBC's "Today" show that she suffered cuts to her cornea from the small piece of metal that had been used to secure a rhinestone heart onto the blue thong.

"I was putting on my underwear from Victoria's Secret and the metal popped in my eye. It happened really quickly. I was in excruciating pain. I screamed. That's what happened," Patterson told NBC.

Patterson's lawyer Jason Buccat, who also appeared on the "Today" show, said the metal staple causes "severe damage" to her cornea that required a topical steroid.

The product liability lawsuit, which was filed on June 9 in Los Angeles Superior Court and first reported on the Smoking Gun Web site, seeks unspecified damages.

A spokeswoman for Victoria's Secret, which is operated by Limited Brands Inc, could not immediately be reached for comment.

(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb)

11 comments:

fuzzy said...

I think this woman has every right to go for what she knows! Now she has tried to contact Victoria Secret on many occasions, but they were like "whatever" to her! Now she is like "whatever this", here's your lawsuit!

mp1 said...

That's hilarious. i thought about posting this, but got too damn lazy to copy and paste.

I say, why is she buying panties with metal on them anyway? Is it supposed to be chastity panties? lol

And i didnt know 50 something year old still wore thongs. More power to her, I guess

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Limited Brands will settle (which they probably will based on the medical report that her cornea was damaged).

I guess 50 year-olds can still rock it if they got it.

I've been so behind on your (and other people's) blog(s). Oy!

iii said...

People will do anything to get some money.

Chet said...

Does this mean that everyone that has experience some discomfort from our underwear should file complaints and lawsuits against such companies? My dick comes through my boxer briefs causing errections and such this can be very uncomfortable maybe I should contact my attorney. LMAO!

Ailed LittleKnight said...

people will sue for anything! I mean really!

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Aaaaaaahhh ya gotta love America.

Darius T. Williams said...

LOL - so funny this is. But you know, it's all about the defense. R. Kelly taught us that one. If Limited Brands can defend their product - she gets nothing. I say go for it.

One Man’s Opinion said...

I saw this and thought that if the woman was injuried by her underwear she had the right to sue, after all we do live in a sue at will world. Hell, I'm betting she will win too. Anyway, who wants to be injuried by their underwear/ I'm telling you right now, if my fruit of the looms attack my ass, i'm opening fire and taking the remains to court.

The post above this one. Not sure on the lesbian undertones, but I liked the song and the video. Had never seen it before, which ain't saying much.

Peace.

Mr. Jones said...

This gal is a mess ya'll. A mess I say.

ShawnQt said...

I think this woman has every right to go for what she knows! Now she has tried to contact Victoria Secret on many occasions, but they were like "whatever" to her! Now she is like "whatever this", here's your lawsuit!

(yeah I copied, Im lazy, lol. He won't mind)

Post a Comment

It's no fun if you don't say anything.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin