Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Random Thoughts....

Tuesday, June 17, 2008
R.I.P Tim Russert



NBC's Tim Russert died Friday at the age of 58 due to apparent heart attack.

If your finger's on the pulse of what's happening in public affairs and political news, you already how big this is. If you didn't fuck with news like that, then you missed out on watching a smart, hard-nosed dude who would let you have it in the nicest of ways.

I'm actually kinda fucked up about this. So much so, that I place flowers at his memorial site in DC on Sunday.

R.I.P, guy.

---------------------------------------------------

Chicago



In exactly two weeks I'm going to be in the Chi for several days. Chicago is one of maybe four or five North American cities I haven't visited that I actually want to see.

I'm excited, son.

---------------------------------------------------



I didn't catch your name, but shout out to the cat who reads my blog I met yesterday at the coffee shop. I said I'd mention you today and because I'm a man of my word, here's your mention.

For the rest of you, this dude approached me at Daily Grind yesterday and the following conversation ensued:

"Do you blog?"

"Excuse me??"

"Do you blog? Online?"

"Yes, I do."

"I don't know you, but I read your blog and I love it."
.

9 comments:

fuzzy said...

I loved it yesterday, and I love the story today! Something similar happened to me. I was walking in a mall and some girl walked up to me and said that I sang well! I was like huh? she said that I saw you singing on tv leading some song and you sang it well! Well I'll be gosh darned!

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

RIP Tim.

YEZZIR to the Chi! I can't wait to get there! See ya buddy.

Indeed. Was he cute (you know that's always my first question lol)? Now if only people read my blog maybe I'd meet people too.

dc_speaks said...

oh man...R.I.P Tim Russert.

I was jacked up all weekend.

mp1 said...

R.I.P. Tim. He went to my alma mater, so I had to give him props. What's ironic is that the school just placed on the home page the very day that he passed; He was talking about how the school prepared him for life. That was crazy.

Oh, and I wished people read my blog. That must be cool to run into some random person who reads you and notices you.

Unknown said...

Our blogger D-List family...LOL
You're interesting pa...even when you're keepin' it real. Now let's see if we can get recognized after that tell-all Baltimore expose'!

Unknown said...

Oh...sorry about the convo cut-off last night...my baby was going through something he needed to run by me and I couldn't click over...

Darius T. Williams said...

Some random guy, huh? That's hot - that's what I need...someone to run up on me and say they read my blog too.

What's up sir? How have you been?

RocaFella07 said...

OMG!!! We HAVE to hang out when you come here!!

;-)

iii said...

R.I.P. Tim...

He was a great journalist.

Post a Comment

It's no fun if you don't say anything.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin