Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Amy Winehouse: Vicious Racist or Simple Crackhead???

Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Plenty of people are up in arms over this video featuring much maligned British singer-songwriter Amy Winehouse that recently surfaced on the internet.

In the video Winehouse and an initially reluctant associate, who was smart to simply go by "Sarah", rather enthusiastically sings:

"Blacks, Pakis, Gooks and Nips, Gooks and Nips!"
"And deaf and dumb and blind and gay!"

I personally dismissed this.

She's on crack for god's sake. I wouldn't hold the common crackhead on the train accountable for crap they say. Why should I hold this bitch accountable for this shit simply because she has a little name recognition, access to YouTube, has a couple of platinum albums and has won a few Grammys/Brit Awards? On top of that, she's being egged on by her husband who is known as an abuser.

Winehouse has since issued a public apology.

I don't feel I'm creating excuses for her nor do I think that I'm enabling this behavior. Some people, however, do. I mentioned these same thoughts on a message board I frequent and was lambasted by other posters who felt I should erase her music from my iPod and boycott any and all of her performances.

Here's the video.

Amy Winehouse: vicious racist or simple crackhead? I'll let you all decide.


5 comments:

TheBlogArtistFormerlyKnownAsYBandDL said...

I'm sorry if you saying that her racist comments was because of crack, isn't an excuse, then what is it Mr. Jones. Yeah she's on drugs, but she wasn't so out of it, that she didn't say a word about Jewish people, because sh's Jewish.

I saw this thing on Television recently, that made so much since. With anybody the real them usually shows up most, when they aren't sober and what not. THe fake them is the sober version. All the drugs and alcohol, showed her true colors in this video.

She was quite aware of what she was doing, because she asked was he really tapping it.

Of course she apologies, what else do you think she would do. Say yes that she is proud of her racial slurs. Mel Gibson, that guy from Seinfeld, and that guy who called the basketball players from Rutgers, nappy head hoes, apologied too...does that really mean they meant it, or that they are sorry they got caught saying thier true feelings.

Unknown said...

Never bought her shit...always looked at her as someone I couldn't get into...not her music...her persona. I'm relieved my gut still serves me right. Can't watch the video or the apology at work, but suffice to say that there is never an excuse for racial slurs...never. The intended party is never the only person hurt and offended and you leave everyone with the permanent belief that you're an ignorant ass.

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

I try not to be 'offended' by the idiocy of others. I'm far to busy with my own life to concern myself with the ramblings of a ignorant cracked out B&%^#!

~Damnit!

Kyon Saucier said...

She's on drugs and even though I am highly unforgiving of racism, especially when it comes from a person who comes from an ehtinic group that certainly above all others knows the sting and desturction of hatred more than most... I dunno I kinda could care less. I mean a train wreck is a train wreck right? Of course right. She needs to get clean and start recovery. The whole video was just disgusting. Hey speaking of which have you seen the one where she does a bump of coke on stage during her concert. She does clear as day I kid you not.

Ty said...

I am not going to let this disturb my life by any means but highly doubt that I will support her in ANY endeavour.

I have always wondered about her especially with the song lyrics, "Yes I been black but then I came back" after she describes her alcoholic state and lack of education. It is even more confusing because her cd was called "Back to Black". Which is it dear? I just excused it as meaning, I've faded away for a while but am back. Now it really makes me think. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Post a Comment

It's no fun if you don't say anything.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin