Sunday, April 15, 2007

You know what really grinds my gears? 2.0

Sunday, April 15, 2007
I hate when people talk to me while I'm on the treadmill. Actually, I hate when people talk to me while I'm on the treadmill AND have those ubiquitous Ipod ear buds in place. It clear (or at least should be clear) that I'm occupied.

Don't tap me to talk about what just came across the ticker at the bottom of the CNN broadcast. Don't try to have a conversation with me about politics, what I do for a living, the weather, my dog, my coworkers, my workout or anything else. It's so uncool for your old ass to be walking slowly and expect me to engage you in conversation while attempting to run a 7:30 mile (the word attempting should be stressed).

That brings me to another point. Why do old people feel so entitled? Are the elderly not held to the same standard gym etiquette? All I want to do is get in, do my thing and get out. I don't want to talk to YOU.

I'm sure you'll read this and think, "This guy is a pretentious asshole." or "The old man was just trying to talk." Both statements may be true, but I stand by my statements.

This really grinds my gears.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's no fun if you don't say anything.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin