Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Mouring After...The Virginia Tech Massacre

Tuesday, April 17, 2007
This post really has no direction. It's just a collection of the thoughts that are running through my head.

My thoughts and prayers are with the familes, friends and loved ones of the 32 students and faculty members whose lives were abruptly ended yesterday. May God bless the souls of the dead.

Events like yesterday's tragedy at Virginia Tech really puts life into perspective. I immediately thought about my days on campus at the University of Maryland and the emotions I experienced during the 'DC Sniper Attacks' in Washington and suburban Maryland and the tornado which left two dead many others injured and without shelter and the attacks of 9/11. Even with those experiences as a reference, I can not (nor will I attempt to) fathom what students, faculty and staff at the University are feeling right now.

I really feel for those people because this is really an incident that is not exclusive to Blacksburg; this could happen at any college or university or any other place in the country for that matter...and at any time.

I know time supposedly heals all wounds, but the effects of these tragic events will no doubt be felt for what may feel like an eternity.

Background:
Washington Post -
DC Area Man Was Va. Tech Shooter
TIME Magazine - The Virginia Tech Victims

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's no fun if you don't say anything.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin