Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Aye...I'm going to the Chi, Joe. (UPDATED)

Tuesday, July 1, 2008
UPDATE: So, I arrived in Chicago hours ago without issue. After expected delays and a bevy of travel-related issues, I got here without a hitch. I mean, this was really the easiest travel day I've ever had.

I took the train from my office today around 11am to Baltimore's BWI, waited about 40 mins to board my flight which departed exactly when it was supposed to and arrived at Chicago's O'Hare airport a full 10-minutes before we were supposed to. I then took the blue line from O'Hare to the loop area, flagged down a taxi that drove me all of 3 minutes to Hotel 71. Upon arrival, my taxi was greeted by a eager bellperson waiting to take my bags upstairs. Within minutes of entering the hotel, I was upstairs admiring my view, which is phenomenal.

Speaking of my view...from my hotel room, which overlooks the Chicago River and the city's famed riverwalk, I can see a number of Chicago landmarks. The most prominent of which are the ubiquitous Marina City towers, the Wrigley Building and the 92-story Trump International Hotel.

That's all for now. I need to grab a bite to eat and figure out how I plan to entertain myself tomorrow.




What up, peoples? Mr. Jones was in dire need of a vacay, so he booked himself one. Nothing too major, just a little mid-western get-away.

I'm off to Chicago for a relaxing week void of anything work-related. I might get a chance to update you guys. I might not. Who knows? All I know is that plan to enjoy myself when I finally get there.

I made the ultimate mistake of flying United...into O'Hare. My flight has a 70% on-time rating. We all know what O'Hare gives, so I'd be ecstatic if I make it to my hotel at some point today.

Have a great week and a safe holiday. I'll get up with you hoes next week sometime.

Peace.

12 comments:

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Warm up tha boyz for me! I'll see ya in a couple!! LoL

~Damnit!

Darius T. Williams said...

LOL - your accent sucks. It's actually, "Aye Joe! - I'm finna go da Chi." LOL

Be sure to ring me while you're here!

That Dude Right There said...

Be sure to hit up Harold's Chicken and Leon's Barbeque (on 79th) while you're there. Those 2 places caused me to gain about 30lbs when I lived in The Chi.

Mr. Jones said...

Bla - Fast ass. LOL.

Darius - I can't even emmulate this country ass shit I've heard from the native. Yikes! @ these accents. Oh, and will do.

TDRT - Alright, alright. You twisted my arm. I'll suck it up and tae the fall. How far are these places from the loop?

Cash S. said...

Welcome to Chicago!

You know The Taste of Chicago is going on right? Some of Chicago's favorites are all in Grant Park right down the street from you, including Harold's (not sure about Leon's).

I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding something to get into today. Have fun!

Corey Keith said...

If it wasn't for this damn recession going on in my bank account I'd be in the chi with you, pimpin...

fuzzy said...

you see, it wasn't so bad! everything worked out just fine and you have you a nice room and all! That shoulda put a nice smile on your face!

Anonymous said...

What a great hotel! I hope you are having fun. Muah!

BuddahDesmond said...

That's wassup. I'll be in the Chi for business in about another week or so. Never been so I'm looking forward to to it. Hope you have a great stay in the Chi. Enjoy!

Chet said...

Chi Town will entertain you and always welcome you back. Enjoy the city and hopefully you got the chance to do Taste of Chicago (Grant Park), Halsted/Belmont (Bar District), Are the kids still doing the Jeffrey Pub on 71st Street? Visit the Baton if you can and just as That Dude Right Here stated you gotta do Harold's Chicken and Leons BBQ visit my old neighborhood in Hyde Park one block from TMSI. The BlueLine to O'Hare gotta do it next month, but then again I will be taking the Orange line to and from Midway it is so much faster. That hotel appears to be nice. Enjoy!

iii said...

Enjoy your vaca, Don't bring back any men you don't plan to keep. while you're there use and toss away. LOL!! Have fun man.

Omar Ramon said...

y'all have fun!! and lots of it!

Post a Comment

It's no fun if you don't say anything.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin