Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Blogger Meet Up Stuff

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Thanks to Darius, we now have a lovely banner (see above) advertising our little event. That banner will be up on my page until after this event is over. I encourage others to put it on their pages as well. The page to which this banner links will serve as the central location for any and everything that is the blogger meet-up. All the information you’ll ever need to know will be here. This is also where I’ll be putting updates, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Overview

Here's the scoop. The 1st annual meet-up or whatever we’re calling this thing will take place in Baltimore, Maryland on April 18thApril 20th. All bloggers are invited. I really don't think anyone will mind if anyone comes.

The Residence Inn I planned on reserving that weekend is all booked. I had to switch to a hotel in another neighborhood. This location is a little tougher to get to from the airport (just a few extra bucks for the taxi ride) for those flying, but is a much better overall location. We’ll be within walking distance of many more restaurants, shops, lounges, a movie theater, a grocery store, etc, etc.

Anyway, we will now be at:

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
625-A South President Street
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
21202
Tel: 1-410-234-0999 Fax: 1-410-234-0399

Downtown Baltimore-area Lodging Accommodations

CLICK HERE for a sampling of hotels located in the downtown area. I'd stay at all but, like, two of the spots on that list, but take that for what it's worth. If you look on Expedia or whatever to find something cheaper or further out in the city or suburbs and want to know about the area or it's proximity to downtown, then just shoot me an email and I'll let you know what I know about it.

The Blogger Meal

I'll cover the cost of the suite and provide the pots and pans, plates, glassware (and stemware for wine if that what people want to do) warming tins and burners, and a griddle somebody randomly gave me one Christmas that never gets used.

Purchasing stuff directly related to the dinner will be a collective effort. There's a Whole Foods two minutes away by foot and a Super Fresh a few blocks away by car. It takes 5-10 mins to drive there. For you fancy-smancy bitches, there's a Fresh Market and a Wegmans off the JFX. It takes about 45 minutes or so to get there.

I would like to get a sense of what our menu will be before hand. If people can email me ideas of things they think they’ll need, I’ll put together a list so we can have an idea of what we’ll need from the grocery store when we go together as a group.

Event Theme

Darius Williams has been spearheading figuring out the theme and other frilly details for this event. A few days ago, both he and I asked you guys to forward him some fantastic ideas for themes around which that weekend should be based. Many of you have and those have been great (Fuzzy submitted a really good one. Keep those theme ideas coming.

Can't wait to see you guys in B'more!

3 comments:

That Dude Right There said...

The Homewood Suites is a much better hotel anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darius T. Williams said...

I love it! Cocoa sent me another really good theme too.

yet another black guy said...

you guys are so official!

Post a Comment

It's no fun if you don't say anything.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin