Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Help me find a cheap winter vacation destination, please.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007


Disregard the picture above. It's just for show.

My office randomly closes down for two weeks between late-December and early-January. Last year, I had all this free time and did nothing except chilled at home. This year, I want to do something, but it can't be too major because Royce and I are going to Miami in February and I can't speak for him, but I can't do two $1000+ trips within months of each other.

Help me think of a destination. Nothing too major, just something different. I like cities, but this doesn't have to be a city. I'm just looking for a change in pace for a few days. I've been thinking about a ski resort in MD/WVa/PA or something. Or whatever. Just help me pick somewhere.

The only criteria are:

Close enough to drive to (5-6 hours driving time tops)
Not too expensive (I don't want to be paying $300 per night for a room)
No further north than Massachusetts and no further south than the Carolinas

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

7 comments:

SheknHD said...

May a suggest Deep Creek Lake ski resort, located in McHenry, MD. This location has great property rentals, and other great lodging options. A good spot to visit alone, double or even with a group of close friends much like the setting in "Why Did I Get Married"

SheknHD said...

rentals.DeepCreek.com and www.suitesatsilvertree.com are both great sites to help plan your getaway. I highly recommend Railey Realty, they offer the best rentals in this area.

Mr. Jones said...

Thanks for that. I'll have to take a look.

dc_speaks said...

i'll take a look at some areas along the coast in NC and SC. they have beachfront spots for rent at dirt cheap prices cause noone goes there much that time of year.

its a change of pace, and the weather is till a lil warmer than it is in Baltimore.

i'll get back to you with a link or soemthing later

One Man’s Opinion said...

I don't have enough knowledge of vacation spots to help you out, my brother. I wish I could..

Mr. Jones said...

DC - You know what...the company I work for has access to a condo community called Myrtlewood Villas in Myrtle Beach. You could be on to something. I'll hold off for those links though.

One Man's - No worries. Thanks for trying!

yet another black guy said...

i'm with One Man. i think it's time i started to look. for you and for me.

Post a Comment

It's no fun if you don't say anything.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin