Friday, July 13, 2007

International Muse???

Friday, July 13, 2007
When I created this blog, I intended for it to be strictly therapeutic. I figured, I'd vent about whatever bothered/interested me, no one would care and it would eventually get lost in the abyss that is the World Wide Web.

Well, then, to my surprise, people started to actually respond to my ideas, rants and randomness. Before I knew it, I developed internet rapports with some really interesting like minded people from all over the United States. BTW, I'm so greatly for the guys who frequent my blog. You guys are great.

Because I'm a geek, I’ve recently started tracking the number of people (and their respective points of origin) who visit Just Me, My Dignity and This Guitar Case. I was pleasantly surprised with what I found. More people come here than I thought (you all should start replying!!!).

If you ever doubted I’m not a numbers/stats crazed dork, I present the following.

Below is a map charting the origins of people who have been to this site more than once in the last 10 days:



While I love my readers from the States, I'm particularly excited about the repeat readers from Mozambique, Germany, Russia, Singapore and Australia.

Just call me International Jones.

3 comments:

iii said...

I noticed the same with my blog. I thought that bloggers that reply to my blog on the constant reads or see my blog. But when I placed a site monitor on my page a couple of weeks ago I am surprise at how many people from oversees comes to my site on a regular basis. I even got a couple of people from the Netherlands along with the other countries you listed. I thought that was neat. But you are right they need to comment to the blog as well.

Unknown said...

Isn't it cool... I guess they have an interest in American culture and how we see things... the funny thing is that less that it's like less than 5% of the folks that read your blog who will ever comment. It's the same loud-mouth bloggers (like myself! LOL) who end up commenting. :) Enjoy the celebrity pa!

yet another black guy said...

wow, what cool news! although i've always wondered how many people look at my blog, i never bothered to find out how. i doubt seriously i'll get a monitor, some things are better left a mystery. besides, i'm grateful for the guys and gals who visit and comment on a regular basis.

Post a Comment

It's no fun if you don't say anything.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin